Everyone who comes to study in New Zealand from overseas must be aware of the situation they are getting into.

If you are coming to New Zealand to study for more than three months, you will need a student visa.


To apply for a student visa, you must meet student policy requirements.


You must CONTACT US so we can assess your eligibility and study your skill set to observe what can be the most appropriate study option for you. We apply through our LICENSED IMMIGRATION ADVISOR and await the approval of the Visa with total transparency. This ensures you are in safe hands.

We also choose the best course for you according to the appeal towards the job market in New Zealand so that you gain Work Experience. You dont have to worry as we secure your future before you arrive in New Zealand.

Work while studying

International students have several opportunities to gain work experience and contribute towards their living costs and their funds while studying.  


Student visa holders may work part-time, and/or full-time (during scheduled vacations) or to meet course requirements for practical work experience while on their Stdent Visa.

If you are interested in a particular field of interest and your programme of study has great skill value in New Zealand then we can help you achieve that skill for your future. Many programmes make you eligible to work while studying. We can accurately assess your eligibility and request Immigration to include any work conditions into your student visa (if approved) without a need for a separate application.


It may also be possible for students to work in New Zealand after they have completed their studies.

If you wish to stay in New Zealand and work after you have finished your studies, you will need the right visa.

Depending on what you studied, you may be able to work in New Zealand for up to four years, and possibly even gain a Resident Visa. 

Gaining work experience

The Study to Work pathway has Post Study Work Visa (Open) which you can avail after completion of Student Visa.

The Post Study Work Visa (Open) allows you to find and work a job that is relevant to your qualification. It’s valid for 12 upto 36 months, and during this time you can work for almost any employer in New Zealand. You DO NOT need to find an Employer to support you, to apply for this Category of Open Work Visa.

English Language Requirements


Some Education Providers (especially at tertiary level) require a certain level of English before an offer of place will be given to you. We will contact the school/institute for more information on this and even provide assistance to achieve the level of English Language knowledge required. 

Finding Employment after Studying


Job vacancies here have been growing strongly in the last few years in New Zealand. In fact in the year to March 2015, jobs grew at 3.4 per cent, the highest rate since 2005. Employment is forecast to keep growing at least to 2018, though at a slowing rate.

The other side of the coin, unemployment, was 5.9 per cent in March 2015 - below the OECD average of 6.9 per cent.

We at Smart Immigration have practical information to help you find a job in New Zealand. As you’ll see, even if you’re not yet in the country, there’s lots you can do to get started. 

Contact us to see the opportunities you have to derive a skill set and Start your Qualification through one of the best institutes in New Zealand.

We will also provide helpful tips and knowledge to search for jobs in New Zealand. 

For more information visit our Facebook page and Blog section.